The Shari’a compliant way to grow your savings.
With a Muzn Savings Account, you can start saving in compliance with Islamic values. Rest assured that your investment will not be used for any non-Shari’a compliant activities as all our products are approved by our distinguished Shari’a Board Members.
Concept of the Muzn Savings Account
The Muzn Savings Account is based on the concept of Mudaraba. You become the investor (Rab-ul-Maal), and Muzn becomes the Investment Manager (Mudarib) of your funds. Besides acting as Mudarib, the Bank invests some of its funds into the common pool. Funds from this pool are invested in Shari’a-compliant financing and investment activities. The profit earned from these Shari’a-compliant activities is then distributed between Muzn and depositors as per an agreed ratio.
- Based on the concept of Mudaraba, principal and profit is not guaranteed. Profit* sharing is based on the performance of the Mudaraba pool**
- Make unlimited deposits and withdrawals from any Muzn Islamic Banking branch.
- Access your funds 24 hours a day through the OmanNet, GCC and MasterCard networks worldwide by using your ATM/Debit Card with free withdrawal from Muzn and National Bank of Oman ATMs.
- Set up free standing instructions for payment of bills and fund transfers and never worry about bills again.
* Should your balance fall below OMR 100 at any given point in a month, you will not be eligible for profit in that particular month.
** The percentage of profit will be announced based on the performance of the Mudaraba pool at the end of each month.
How to Apply
You can open a Muzn Islamic Savings Account with a minimum balance of OMR 100. To complete the account opening process, please visit the following branches with your national ID Card/Passport and the rest will be taken care of by your Relationship Manager at the bank***.
Way No: 244
Al Sahwa Towers
Building No: 2, Ground Floor,
Way no: 6901,
Building no: 15
Near Sanaya Roundabout
Opposite Badr AlSamaa Poly Clinic
Way No: 4803
Building No: 24
Block No: 2248
Phone: 26846692, 26846044, 26846118
Hay Alain Junction
Near Aldiyar Hotel
Phone: 25411241, 25411681
Al Zaky Building
Opposite Souk AlMarkazi
*** Terms & conditions apply.
Disclaimer: All Muzn Islamic Banking products and services are approved by the Muzn Shari’a Supervisory Board and are subject to Muzn Islamic Banking’s terms and conditions and submission of acceptable documentation.